Anxiety can run the gamut from a chronic feeling of unease to crippling panic attacks. It’s normal to feel anxious when faced with something new, difficult or dangerous. Mild anxiety can actually have a positive and useful influence.
So how do you know when anxiety is normal and when it isn’t?
Anxiety is considered abnormal when:
– It’s prolonged or severe
– It happens in the absence of a stressful event
– It’s interfering with everyday activities, such as going to work or socializing
– When you feel it’s ruining your life
We work with all types of anxiety, including:
- General anxiety
- Stress management
- Social anxiety
- Panic disorder
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- Phobias and fears
Hypnotherapy is found incredibly effective in the treatment of anxiety and PTSD as hypnosis is addressing the root cause of what’s feeding the anxiety in the direct place it’s occurring (in the subconscious).